Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Inspection At Very End Of Term

AnonyMouse_12960

We finished for the summer today, so were somewhat thrown off balance by the appearance of Mrs O at the door yesterday morning. Just wanted to share that this felt like a very different inspection: we were asked very few questions and the inspector just went around looking at documentation etc and interacted a lot with the children. We had our feedback today, and was nearly sick in anticipation, especially as we had just had a really emotional morning saying goodbye to our leavers and their families.

Suffice to say we are extremely happy at the outcome, and I am now sitting and relaxing with my feet up!!! Will post more when I can, and will happily answer any queries about "hot topics", documentation requested etc for anyone still waiting for the knock at the door.

Guest Spiral
We finished for the summer today, so were somewhat thrown off balance by the appearance of Mrs O at the door yesterday morning. Just wanted to share that this felt like a very different inspection: we were asked very few questions and the inspector just went around looking at documentation etc and interacted a lot with the children. We had our feedback today, and was nearly sick in anticipation, especially as we had just had a really emotional morning saying goodbye to our leavers and their families.

Suffice to say we are extremely happy at the outcome, and I am now sitting and relaxing with my feet up!!! Will post more when I can, and will happily answer any queries about "hot topics", documentation requested etc for anyone still waiting for the knock at the door.

Wow, well done you!

Can I ask whether you had your SEF online and if so, do you feel that it made a big difference to the whole experience?

Spiral

Wow how timely...you must feel sooo relieved. Well done to you and your team. Keep those feet up, in fact you deserve a foot massage! :oxD:(

Well done you and your team for getting through the Inspection at this time of year. I was just about to say how difficult it must have been as at this time 'normal' routines do change, but on hindsight, maybe at this time of year there is more evidence for Inspectos of how much the parents appreciatte the work you have done over the last few years, adding weight to your learning journey, and other documentation to evidence your success with the children. Just a thought that maybe this time of year is a good time for any setting to have an inspection.

Peggy

Thanks to all of you for your comments. In reply to questions

1. I had done the online sef, but she didn't discuss it with us, nor refer to it, infact I had to ask her had she seen it!

2. End of term was not good timing, but yes, beginning of academic year would have been much worse!!!!Let's face it, there's never a "good time", but actually we were so busy re end of term arraangements that it gave us little time to panic or even think about whether we were performing at our best. The children were as ever fantastic, a teriffic bunch who couldn't fail to impress any inspector, and that's a real bonus, and I am very proud of them all. The staff were fantastic also, just carried on as best they could, and again I can't be more proud. All were moved to tears at feedback, which at least confirmed the inspector's judgements about our commitment to early years care and education!!

3. She asked very few questions. Whether this was because she had read the SEF I don't know, but still had a 2 session inspection. She asked to see policies, risk assesments, accident book, incident book, fire drill log, asked about recruitment, one question re. safeguarding, looked at 4 children's files, and asked about understanding new joiners interests and starting points. Also looked at 1 IEP.That's all I can really remember, but will post more if I can think of anything else.

4. Don't know if SEF was locked....forgot to check...sorry

Edited by eyfs1966