Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New Poster From Ofsted

AnonyMouse_705

Browsing the Ofsted website looking for something else, I noticed that they have a new poster to be displayed in early years settings - issued on 24 May, 2007.

I can download it but there doesn't seem to be a link to order a hard copy. Don't want to use my ink!

Anybody got any suggestions where I can get one?

Hopefully this is a link to the Ofsted poster.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Inter...CRD&alpha=E

as it was only dated 25th May could it be that copies haven't made it out to settings yet?

lots of people wouldn't even know they needed to display it if they haven't received it or looked at the website.

Guest toddleo

Thank you for that Link Deb, I have printed off a copy successfully. It troubles me sometimes how you just stumble upon things like this, I am meant to get e-mails from ofsted infroming me of important updates, but when they come, they don't seem to notify me of anything imprortant and exciting like this! LOL, well done you!

Thank you for that Link Deb, I have printed off a copy successfully. It troubles me sometimes how you just stumble upon things like this, I am meant to get e-mails from ofsted infroming me of important updates, but when they come, they don't seem to notify me of anything imprortant and exciting like this! LOL, well done you!

Hear! hear! And since I was inspected last week, would it have been too much trouble for the inspector to have brought a copy with her? I can only imagine the stress caused when Mrs Ofsted says "and where's your new poster for parents then?"...

Thanks for the link - have printed mine off.

Maz

I havent seen this at nursery yet. :o

I emailed Ofsted to say the poster was OK but that as internet access isnt available to all groups so sending them out would be a better idea.

I used to have Ofsted email alerts but when I clicked on them I always had a 404 error message, so I gave up and rely instead on you lovely people xD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this - yes you have just reminded me that I have set up an Ofsted alert and like you i dont get anything anymore - not even anything relatively useful - something must have dropped off the system - perhaps we all ought to put in a comment into their site and then maybe they might just look at it. They have a comment box we could all post something into - I think I put in alerts for early years, publications, reserach etc moreorelss everything - so why am I not getting aything - may have to re-register - I used to get an alert eveyr week

Nikki

I don't get alerts any more either. I wondered if it was since they have revamped the site-perhpas we all need to re register? But as Rea said not everybody has access to the internet-we certainly don't at pre-school. I don't understand why, if these are posters that must be displayed, they don't send them out to settings.

Linda

Be warned if you put this poster up - Ofsted seem to magically appear on doorstep minutes later!! seems to have happened to a few people, not just me---- HOWEVER it did seem to impress them when they saw it displayed!

we also had a new looking 'what ofsted does for parents/carers' document which I found whilst looking on site, it had the new logo on it, and inspector commented on that too/

xxx

I don't get alerts any more either. I wondered if it was since they have revamped the site-perhpas we all need to re register? But as Rea said not everybody has access to the internet-we certainly don't at pre-school. I don't understand why, if these are posters that must be displayed, they don't send them out to settings.

Linda

Hi Linda - I thought it was only me, I too can't get any alerts and each time I try to register for them their website won't let me.

Be warned if you put this poster up - Ofsted seem to magically appear on doorstep minutes later!! seems to have happened to a few people, not just me---- HOWEVER it did seem to impress them when they saw it displayed!

we also had a new looking 'what ofsted does for parents/carers' document which I found whilst looking on site, it had the new logo on it, and inspector commented on that too/

xxx

You've got me worried now - printed and put up the new poster last week, and if you follow my 'furious' thread in 'Inspections' you'll understand why!!!!

Guest MaryEMac

Thanks for that link Deb. Have now downloaded it but am unsure whether to put it up as we are due for a visit.

Mary

I have just looked on the Ofsted site regarding email alerts and this is was it says.

"We are currently experiencing a technical problem with the email alerts system. This should be resolved shortly, in the meantime please accept our apologies for any inconvenience."

I forgot to say our inspector didn't ask if we were displaying it - but as she was having a good look around, I suppose she may have just seen it .Anyway, she made no comment.

Why did I find that poster? They've been!!! Inspector said it was the first time she'd seen the poster displayed.

Very nerve wracking time but so glad it's over.

Looking forward to being able to tell the parents the result.

Must say, inspector seemed almost human!!

Am enjoying a very large glass of wine having enjoyed a wonderful foot massage by my darling daughter earlier this eveing! Bliss.

Guest toddleo

majorly spooky, all this poster displaying/ofsted arrival!! hope your feedback is excellent, do tell once you are able! Hints and tips always greatfully received!

Am enjoying a very large glass of wine having enjoyed a wonderful foot massage by my darling daughter earlier this eveing! Bliss.

Oh, those dughters are amazing aren't they - mine does that when I'm stressed (gives herself a foot massage - NO NO I JEST!!) she's a beauty therapist and I get all sorts of 'extras' when I have a half leg wax! No, I'm not saying where she works, she might get the sack ! :o

I, too am hesitating about giving it to Manager, who will put it up - GULP

Go on put it up, get it over with. It's a wonderful feeling to know it's not hanging over us!

We felt that the inspector must have liked what she saw because if she had wanted to she could have nit picked but I guess she could see we had evaluated our setting and were beginning to put different things into practice.

Looking forward to reading the report in detail when it is published. Though hope it won't be as long coming as others on here!

Guess what happened to us as soon as we put up the poster - due to be visited next Wednesday and Thursday. I think it should come with an government health warning - displaying this poster can seriously encourage OFSTED inspections. Can't wait for Friday!!!!

Ruthanne

:o Yippee - OFSTED have been and gone so no more of those horrendous staff meetings about them and no more dread of that 48 hour call.The lady inspector knew as much about early years as could be written on a postage stamp in large writing and the only kind of care she understood was hair care - mentioned the rain made her hair curly. I am the Foundation stage manager and SENCO!!!! She stayed for 20 minutes and was only interested in standards, english and maths. Did not ask at all about SEN but then, to be fair, they did have the information in the SEF.

Have a lovely week-end - I have rather a lot of sleep to catch up on.

Ruthanne

xD